The Haywood/Jackson Volunteer Center is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote and enhance volunteer service to benefit the community by mobilizing people and resources to deliver creative solutions to community problems.
Services that are provided include:
- Recruitment and referral — we sit down with a volunteer to find out what they are interested in and match them with an organization. There are over 60 organizations in the community so we can almost always find something that interests everyone.
- Recognition– we coordinate with the state to recognize the contributions of volunteers through an annual event and participation in the NC Volunteer Awards.
- Community Education– We provide speakers for presentations on volunteerism to organizations, churches, business and schools.
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)– RSVP invites seniors to share their talents and knowledge in the community. One of the benefits to this over 55 program is participants receive supplemental accident and liability insurance while volunteering.
- Seniors’ Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP)– is a North Carolina Insurance Commission program that is run through the Volunteer Center. The program assists Haywood County seniors to better understand Medicare, Medicare supplements, Medicare Advantage and Medicare prescription plans.
- Thanks for your support. The Haywood Jackson Volunteer Center is supported primarily by your donations.
When it comes to helping, some people stop at nothing.
For more information, call John Chicoine at 828-356-2833 or visit HaJaVC.org